Brent H. Blakely
Brent H. Blakely Attorney
Mr. Blakely’s expertise spans across all areas/aspects of a commercial business trial practice and includes substantial legal experience in the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights owned by individuals and entities including international corporations, recording artists, professional athletes, fashion designers and trademark licensors/licensees. Mr. Blakely also handles the prosecution of client trademark applications and litigates right of publicity, trademark, copyright, and patent infringement claims. In addition to his intellectual property practice, Mr. Blakely has extensive experience in commercial, entertainment and employment litigation.
Mr. Blakely obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Stetson University in 1988 and his Juris Doctor from Pepperdine University in 1991. He clerked for the Honorable Henry Politz, Chief Judge, United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in 1990 and 1992. Mr. Blakely was a Trial Attorney with the Department of the Navy, Office of the General Counsel from 1994-1996, had his own practice and was Of Counsel with Hewitt & McGuire LLP from 1997 to 2000, and was Of Counsel with Carlsmith Ball LLP from 2001 to 2003.
Mr. Blakely is admitted to the following jurisdictions:
- State Bar of California
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California,
- United States District Court, Southern and Easter Districts of New York
- United States District Court, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Mr. Blakely is regularly invited to speak at a variety of intellectual property related forums, including the prestigious USC Gould School of Law Intellectual Property Institute.